Electronic Prescribing introduced at Dipton Surgery from 12th June 2014. Read more HERE
This practice aims to turnaround requests for repeat prescriptions in 24 working hours. however we would recommend ordering at least 48 working hours in advance this allows the pharmacy time to prepare your prescription and ensure they have medications in stock.
We no longer accept repeat prescription requests over the telephone. To offer a safer and more efficient service the practice now offers alternative ways to order your prescription:
- Post or hand in your prescription counterfoil at Reception
- Call in to the practice with your counterfoil or a written request
- Ask your nominated pharmacy to order your prescription
- Use Systmonline, our internet access service via the link at the top of this page.
- Fax your prescription from home or work to 01207 570070
We have made this decision for the following reasons:
- To avoid mistakes
- To avoid blocking the phone lines when patients are trying to make appointments
- To make the staff more available to you in the surgery
Prescriptions are for one month’s supply only.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.